For my family to share our Bobbie. A lot about Bobbie and the other bits that make me smile.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Decision handed down

We finally have been given the all clear to birth at Queanbeyan. It was such a relief to have a decision – and a great one at that! Daddy Deano and I can now really start preparing for the calm and natural birth we’ve been talking about.

My wonderful GP/OB has worked hard, organising cardiac and fluid monitoring alternatives as a precaution. I’ve had advice and help from independent midwives and doulas and support from Dean and my family – and now it is so exciting to be getting closer and closer. Given Bobbie comes within nine days of my due date, (one stipulation from Dr Azoury) I’m looking forward to, and hoping for, a normal, natural birth.

It was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders as soon as Dr Azoury said I could birth at Queanbeyan. (Although he also said if things didn’t go to plan he’d have to retire!!). I knew Deano could sense the relief and happiness – and I could tell he was excited the wait was over – and we’d been given a decision. I can’t wait to experience labour and the birthing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment